Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day Ten: "Murder Of Crows"





The murder is growing! 

Two more crows have made themselves known today (I've always been an advocate of odd numbers, they just seem to fit together in a more interesting way). They appeared as I began to build upon the triangular, abstracted sketch I did yesterday. In defining the scene, I've decided to construct a loose grid of (what will become) fence-posts, barbed wire, and vegetation. You can see yellowish two by four looking lines on the left and the beginnings of rusty barbed wire along and above the white diagonal. I still want to incorporate some of the elements from the original drawing (see day one).  I've begun to block in fabric, tangled in the barbed wire, that should hold the diagonal that begins with the white crow in the upper left and continues to lower right. I think the patterning I will develop on the fabric, will be a nice lyrical addition to the somber blacks of the crows and wildness of the vegetation.

To tell the truth, at this point I'm just really unhappy with the whole mess... but then in all the years I've been painting, there comes a point where I hate what I'm doing. Like an unruly child, I just want to kill it! One, Two, Three....

Four, Five... Six,  Seven, Eight, Nine,

TEN!!

I think what makes this all the more difficult is having to write about what I'm doing, explaining how I'm going to get myself out of this pile of dooties.

Ahh...The romantic life of an artist!

Paint well...

No comments:

Post a Comment